- Execute awarded tenders to excellence:
- Inclusive of Assisting in Bid-No-Bid reviews of RFQ’s received
- Formulation of method statements
- Formulation of execution strategy
- Assisting in estimating process
- Assisting with development of resourced loaded schedules
- Take full responsibility of Change Management of the awarded contract.
- Early Warnings
- Compensation Events
- Project Manager Instructions
- Represent M & D Oil & Energy in client bid clarifications.
- Conduct internal progress reviews on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Assist HSE Practitioners in developing comprehensive Risk Assessments.
- Conducting weekly Workface Preparation meetings.
- Direct, manage, lead, and plan all construction activities including those of sub teams. This includes coordinating contractors and sub-contractors on site and ensuring they carry out work in accordance with company policies, statutory requirements, specified drawings, specifications, codes of practice, standards, quality plans and programs, within timeline and budget whilst maintaining safety, health, security, industrial relations, and discipline on area of responsibility on site.
Financial, operational & Technical
- Responsible for profit & losses for the awarded contract.
- Execute awarded contract to As Bid price.
- Develop profit enhancement strategy for awarded contract and apply diligently.
- Identify all possible opportunities to apply Value Engineering.
- Responsible for the integrity of the works.
- Assisting in managing monthly Project Management Activity Review meetings.
- Materials management.
- Time management.
- Must conduct a monthly performance management review with each subordinate.
- Must formulate a skill transfer plan for each of his subordinates.
- Live and enforce M & D’s values.
- Build & maintain a professional relationship within all client business units and stakeholders.
|Operational excellence results
- Ensure execution excellence by soliciting input from all M & D Oil & Energy stakeholders prior and during estimate & proposal preparation.
- Responsible for change management.
- Develop profit enhancement strategies for each successful proposal.
- Keeping abreast of current labour and consumable cost on site.
- Identify potential employee conflict situations and minimise the implications thereof.
- Manage time and attendance, performance and general discipline of the team and keep accurate and detailed records with original documents given to IR/HR.
- Maintain effective two-way open communication with Clients, the team and all the relevant stakeholders.
- Support in the interviewing, selection and induction of new staff.
- Support and participate in the training and development requirements of employees by ensuring that the necessary structures and systems are in place.
- Develop and maintain divisional plans, policies, strategies and measures and translation thereof into operational plans in line with the organizational plan and discus them with the Construction team to ensure clear understanding.
- Ensure functions provided by other Departments on site (e.g. Field Engineering, Contracts Administration, Materials Control, Project Controls, Commissioning and Site Administration) are performed effectively and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Ensure procedures are prepared for completion of construction, punch‑ listing and rectification of defects in co‑operation with the Lead Commissioning Engineer and the client and seeing that these are complied with.
- Ensure contractors and sub‑contractors submit daily reports on manpower, equipment resources and progress, in accordance with contract requirements, programmes and M & D site procedures.
- Ensure construction progress is effectively monitored or measured and reported.
- Assist sites on a continual basis with special installations, shut-down’s and or procurement of special materials. Also, advise on design issues and the simplification thereof to ensure quick turnaround times and or cost saving methods.
- Identify design / material changes and communicate to site management with regards to cost and time implications thereof.
- Identify contractual and execution risk for each proposal and mitigate identified risk.
- Maintain a zero-risk appetite towards unsafe acts & conditions.
- Maintain labour harmony on areas of responsibility.
- SACPCMP registration as a Construction Manager.
- Matric or equivalent.
- A recognized trade or degree in the field of engineering.
- Internal / external Project Management qualifications.
- Internal external Construction / Site Management qualifications.
- Supervisory Management diploma from a reputable institute would be an advantage.
- Financial management qualifications will be an advantage.
- Note: Welding background and or qualification are required for the RWC appointed person as this is the listed / appointed person on the certification schedule. (ISO 3834)
- Must have at least 10 years Petro Chemical, Refinery experience, with at least 5 years in an EPC role in piping & mechanical disciplines.
- Must have shutdown execution experience on Petro Chemical plants and Refineries.
- Must be fully conversant with:
- OSHA Act
- Developing of safe working procedures.
- Risk assessments.
- Management of Change.
- PER (Pressure Equipment Regulations) & SANS 347.
- Must have planning / scheduling experience, this includes understanding CPM methods.
- Scope of Work risk identification & mitigation.
- Must have extensive contracts (NEC 3) experience.
- Must have change management experience.
- High job demand in tight turnaround time requirement.
- Highly developed managerial skills.
- Formal Performance management system and application experience
- Must be very conversant with reading and interpreting of piping ISO’s, P&ID’s, MFD’s and associated mechanical GA drawings.
- Good understanding of QCP’s, welding and quality (ASME)
- Proficiency in CCS.