The Magalies Water, Sondela Booster Pump Station and Bulk Water Supply Pipeline from Sondela towards Bela-Bela Contract was awarded to M&D this January.
The Sondela Booster Pump Station will serve as a conveyance system to increase capacity from the Klipdrift WTW (24Ml/day) to Bela-Bela and Modimolle Local Municipalities. The 5,4km Cement Mortar Lined Pipeline will extend from the Pump Station toward Bela-Bela.
To date, the following has progressed:
- Site Establishment is complete
- Pump Station bulk earthworks is in progress – rock was hit 1,4m above Pump Well excavation level and will be blasted.
- Layerworks to the underside of foundation in progress.
- The Pump Station Suction and Delivery Pipeline earthworks in progress, a portion of which needs to be blasted down to level.
- ±800m cleared and grubbed along pipeline route