M&D Construction is acutely aware of the responsibility that it has in developing the potential of the broader South African community. This is done through a number of initiatives that provide for both infrastructural and human development.
Over the years M&D Construction has:
- Assisted Happy Faces Education Centre with renovating their premises in 2016.
- Techno Girls Job Shadowing programme.
- Renovations and Toy Drive for the Children’s Ward at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, in partnership with Surgeons for Little Lives, among others.
- Annually sponsors a child from Alexandra through Waverley Girls High School.
- Provides academic bursaries for students and supports employees in furthering their education.
- Funded and built a racking storage system for Artist Proof Studios.
- Built houses for community members in Siyabuswa, the beneficiaries were elected by the community as the most in need.
- ABET training courses for literacy and numeracy for unemployed community members in Kimberley.
- Donated civil works for Witbank Clinic’s water storage tanks.
- Completed major earthworks to build a soccer field at Masibambane College in Orange Farm.
- Contributed 10% of project value to build classrooms at Buyani Primary School.
- Renovated ‘The House,’ a sanctuary for abused women and children, in Hillbrow.
- Site management develops and assists SMME’s to become fully operational businesses.
- Trained local labour in artisan skills for employment by the projects being run in the area, as well as to develop them for future employment.